2015 is right around the corner and I’m changing things slightly to keep up with the times.
SWITCHING TO DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHY
As you may already know, I’ve been an advocate of film photography for decades. I’ve shot many of my weddings on film as I loved the look, the quality, and the accuracy of its color replication. But within the last year or so, digital technology evolved to the point where it made more sense for me to make the switch. Many photographers had already made the switch. I was probably one of the last.
Here’s a quick shortlist of why I’ve made the change:
- Most of my couples take their photos to get printed in drug stores, Costco, Target, even Walmart. For many, it’s not by choice. There are just not many professional photography labs across the nation anymore. But it doesn’t matter. Most professional and non-professional labs do not know how to make great prints through film negatives. But give them a JPEG, they are good to go. Switching to digital allows all of my couple to get good prints, basically, wherever they go.
- Film takes a while to develop and print. Film isn’t processed in 30 minutes anymore. Here in Hawaii, our lab processes film maybe once a week. This is because there just isn’t enough people dropping off film to the lab to run the processor cost effectively, chemical s can get expensive. By changing to digital, there is a chance I can get your photos to you sooner than later.
- Switching to digital has made touch-ups a lot easier.
- There is definitely less grain at higher ISO’s.
- Photos can be enlarged with greater ease than film.
- There some technical flash stuff that I don’t want to get into. But with the digital camera that I use, I can stretch the length of the flash quite a bit.
COUPLES WILL NOW RECEIVE ALL THEIR PHOTOS THROUGH THE INTERNET
CD-ROM’S are becoming ancient relics. DVD’s are on its way out. USB Memory sticks are also on its last leg. “The Cloud” is the future. Now, all my digital photos will be uploaded to the internet through a site called transferbigfiles.com and they will be available immediately after I finish post-production work. The site will allow you to share your photos with friends and family, free of charge. Every photo can be downloaded to any platform, be it a tablet, phone, or computer.
DVD-ROM’s will be available for purchase if needed.
ADDITIONAL SHIPPING AND HANDLING CHARGE THAT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE, ON ALL THINGS THAT NEED TO BE SHIPPED
Since I started my company, I’ve always included the price of shipping and handling into the cost of each item that needed to be shipped. But the continuing rising cost of shipping, mainly from the post office and Fedex, has forced me to change my policy. Now, it’s going to be a separate line item. And when their prices go up, so will my shipping and handling prices.
Shipping and Handling cost will vary between domestic and international customers. I will keep my shipping and handling charges as reasonable as I can.
The only things that need to be shipped are the videos. Photos, unless you order a photo-DVD-ROM, will all be transferred through the internet.
ELOPING PACKAGE IS NOW MODIFIED.
Since I’ve made the switch to digital photography, the old eloping package had to go. There isn’t any film photography involved anymore. The new 2015 package is be a little cheaper by $90! Click here to check it out!
AND THAT’S ALL FOLKS OTHER THAN….
After Christmas, almost every couple who is interested in my services starts calling or emailing to book up dates. It’s never too early to inquire though. So if you want to get a leg up on some of those couples who want to lock in dates, it’s best to call during the month of December