I know the best beaches to get married in Hawaii and I’ll give you a hint. They are all on the island of Oahu. Aside from that, I’m not saying anymore because if I spill the beans, thousands of weddings will happen there, and it’ll no longer be awesome.
So what’s a good beach to get married on?
- One that’s secluded
- One that is not littered with tourist – Not like Waikiki Beach!
- One where the wind isn’t crazy strong. This is great for hair and video recording. The wind should also blow a certain way. Sometimes I want to shoot a pic a certain way, but if the wind is blowing the wrong way, I can’t use that background.
- One where there is a view of either the sunset or sunrise. It’s always a good option to have.
- One that looks like the photos do in real life. Anyone can photoshop a nice beach onto the background. I think you should keep it real, right?
- Oh, lastly – One where there aren’t spoiled rich people who think it’s their beach (hey, I’m a capitalist Republican, but I hate those rich millionaires who think they own a public beach).
I will tell you right now the beaches that I think are crappy are::
- Waialae Beach Park – read more about why here, that place sucks
- Sandy Beach – way too windy, too much tourist
- Makapu’u Beach – holy crap it’s windy there. Why wedding companies go there I have no idea. They hang glide right above there
- Lanikai Beach – horrible parking, too many tourists, and you have rich snobs who literally interrupt wedding ceremonies and scream at weddings.
So how do you find out which beach is great? There’s a catch 22. You have to call or email me. You don’t have to book with me. But I’m not posting that info here, haha